Physical security services are predicted to trend towards offering more specific solutions as well as a higher level of integration and service. The thought is, instead of viewing physical security as a series human actions or connected hardware and software systems, industry experts see a movement towards systems, and strategies that provide more of a security as a service. World security trends are changing fast due to new technologies. But one might wonder why does it move so quickly? Because industries, companies are changing their needs, the consumers are changing too and the world needs to move in the same direction, in relation to security.The demand for security is expected to increase due to the demand for security as a service as a key component of successfully run security operations. In an industry where control is essential and multiple details are going on at the same time, there are Security operations management systems that will lead the way.
Below are details why the security industry is moving in the direction of security as a service:
1. “Systems will not only take away the burden of managing the complex systems involved, but also reduce the costs of keeping those systems up to date and secure”. The result “will not only free up internal resources which could be better focused elsewhere, but also improve the service level of the security system and enable better device management”.
2. The Security industry will continue trending towards more specific solutions to individual problems. Customers look for integrate solutions in one unified system. A system adapted to their needs and customized based on the site and post. “The end to end solutions could tackle a specific issue”. Customized systems, providing a key advantage to physical security providers
3. The security industry will see an increase in the use of artificial intelligence. “The benefits are that although all customers are different, the environments and locations they are based in tend to fall into the same general categories, with people exhibiting the same general behaviours. Once those behaviours have been ‘learned’ the patterns that underlie them can be shared, enabling the system to flag up when something unexpected occurs”
4. Expanded responsibilities. “Security guard firms are contracted to protect people and property in a wide variety of industries”. The firms are starting to be asked to provide additional services outside of security, and this trend will increase. A multifunction and customizable strategies can completely avoid communication or dispatch issues for these companies, as they will be able to adapt the software to each customers’ growing needs. With a system, for example, companies will be able to keep all incident and activity reports centralized and categorized in a digital logbook.
4. Remote video monitoring. Customers contracting security firms are increasingly asking for remote video monitoring. They believe that even though there is a high initial investment on equipment, it will reduce costs in a future.
5. Increased specialization. Security firms used to work with a big variety of clients. Nowadays, the trend is to specialize in industries such as schools or hotels. This can also differentiate them from your competitors.The trends indicate that the industry is following this path of offering security in addition to other services. Specialization and customization are the stars.